SunStone Jade Quartz

anonapersona

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
Here is a photo of our freshly re-plastered pool in SunStone Jade Quartz. I had been unable to find a single photo of this finish on the Internet so using it was a leap of faith.

I was looking for a turquoise finish that was quartz based not pigment based. This finish is on a barely green tinted plaster, then turquoise, grey and black chips are added. It is a pre-mixed product.

The surface is almost soft feeling, like the plastic wrist rest of my computer keyboard tray or the plastic arm of my office chair. Smoother in fact than the samples from the sample box. It should be very kind to bare feet and bathing suits.

The deep end shown is about 9 feet deep, maybe 10, and you can see the four drain covers at the bottom.

Attachments

• Pool Mon April 15 2013 #3 reduced.jpg
    Pool Mon April 15 2013 #3 reduced.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 237
I love a blue pool but I love a turquoise pool even more! :mrgreen: Hope you are happy with it! :cool:

Yes, I am happy. Husband thought I was nuts to try to match the pool to the pool furniture I'd just had recovered.

The early photos had some strange colors, icy blue in the pool but sick yellow green in the spa. Then they mixed and the pool was an electric green turquoise. I'd once painted my daughters room that color using Behr paint -- oh man, so vivid I don't know how she slept at night without feeling like she was underwater in a My Little Mermaid cartoon. She came over and saw it that color and was politely quiet. Yes, I noticed.

Finally the pool has settled out to this color which is great. I suspect it may deepen a bit over time as more of the black and grey flecks are revealed. So glad it is more blue than green, I have been worried.

I'm off to try to post the photo to GardenWeb also, as I found a thread about pool colors there.

Yes, I am happy. Husband thought I was nuts to try to match the pool to the pool furniture I'd just had recovered.

The early photos had some strange colors, icy blue in the pool but sick yellow green in the spa. Then they mixed and the pool was an electric green turquoise. I'd once painted my daughters room that color using Behr paint -- oh man, so vivid I don't know how she slept at night without feeling like she was underwater in a My Little Mermaid cartoon. She came over and saw it that color and was politely quiet. Yes, I noticed.

Finally the pool has settled out to this color which is great. I suspect it may deepen a bit over time as more of the black and grey flecks are revealed. So glad it is more blue than green, I have been worried.

I'm off to try to post the photo to GardenWeb also, as I found a thread about pool colors there.

I know this is an old post, but any chance you could post a few more pics of your pool? We are considering the Jade quartz right now!

Reactions: marshaval
I remember this re-do, and enjoyed it. Unfortunately, this member hasnt been around in years so I wouldn't expect a reply. Greens are also unusual so it may be tough finding pictures. A real shame too, because as you can see, they give beautiful Blue/Turquois water colors. Good luck on your selection, and do post up when you choose so we can see it.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember this re-do, and enjoyed it. Unfortunately, this member hasnt been around in years so I wouldn't expect a reply. Green-ish finishes are also unusual so it may be tough finding pictures. A real shame too, because as you can see, they give beautiful Blue/Turquois water colors. Good luck on your selection, and do post up when you choose so we can see it.

Reactions: marshaval
I remember this re-do, and enjoyed it. Unfortunately, this member hasnt been around in years so I wouldn't expect a reply. Greens are also unusual so it may be tough finding pictures. A real shame too, because as you can see, they give beautiful Blue/Turquois water colors. Good luck on your selection, and do post up when you choose so we can see it.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember this re-do, and enjoyed it. Unfortunately, this member hasnt been around in years so I wouldn't expect a reply. Green-ish finishes are also unusual so it may be tough finding pictures. A real shame too, because as you can see, they give beautiful Blue/Turquois water colors. Good luck on your selection, and do post up when you choose so we can see it.

Will do! We are getting plastered tomorrow, and Jade is what we chose. I love the turquoise water, especially with all the natural rock which is what we have. I'll be sure to post photos for others in my shoes. :)

Will do! We are getting plastered tomorrow, and Jade is what we chose. I love the turquoise water, especially with all the natural rock which is what we have. I'll be sure to post photos for others in my shoes. :)
Hello there! I was just wondering if you ever did your Jade replaster and if you have any pictures you can share? Thinking about doing Jade too.

Thanks for any help😊

Lillie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.