Whats behind the name?

Poolidiot

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Texas
I thought it would be interesting to see what is behind everyones name on here, So tells us, WHY did you pick the name you have?

I will start, When I first got my pool about 4-5 years ago, I had never had or taken care of a pool, SO even a 2 year old can probably figure out where I came up with my name :oops: :shock: 8)

There are a few on here that I have been wondering about for awhile :wink:

My initials are JWW. I've had a couple of people nick name me jaydubs (or j-dubs). I decided to use it as my alias, but it was in use at a couple of places. So I replaced the a with a 4 (I'm so 133t) and came up with j4ydubs.

I've been using that for a long time now.

John

One of the worst mistakes in my business career was "duraleigh".

There is a road that roughly connects Durham, NC to Raleigh, NC called Duraleigh Rd.

Our business was on that road for 20+ years and was prefaced with the name "Duraleigh......"

Naturally, as we started using computers, the username duraleigh seemed to be the natural choice. WRONG! Not a human on earth can spell it over the phone when you say it and most pronounce it incorrectly. (it's pronounced DUR'- a - lee...........not DO - ral - ee)

Anyway, by the time we got sick of spelling it for people, it was too late to change it...it was entertwined throughout our business.

Always the glutton for punishment, I have carried it over to my personal life and have explained it's pronunciation and spelling probably 250,000 times with plenty more to go.

Hey, Boyd, aren't you sorry you asked? :lol: :lol:

My first name is Sam, last name starts with M. Many years ago I tried to join my first forum as samm. It was already taken so I tacked another M on the end. Riveting, isn't it? :p

About 20 years ago I was invited to a fraternity party by one of my buddies. My name is Bill but he introduced me to everyone that night as Billyjoeraybob. Kinda funny but everyone at that party remembered my name and it just stuck.

Rollin Thunder is actully my oldest sons handle that he has used since highschool. he found me this site and was the first to post on here, he is the one who posted pictures and the little info. he did it for me so that when he moved out i would have a place to come if i needed help. i was going to change it, but never got around to it, so i went with it.

my name on other places is Vince_P or sometimes VPP.

since my son is vince JR. when you say vince, you might be calling both of us. its kinda funny actully.

no but rollin thunder is what my oldest son (21) named his 06 yukon (now sold, he traded it in for an 08 yukon now Rollin thunder II) , infact i guess i never told you thing, but he was the one always messing with my sig and who you guys asked to post pics of the yukon. since i changed the password. he has not been on since. (like 4 months ) :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There's an IT group for the company I work for that builds and maintains online tools to help us do our jobs. They are called TAG - Technical analysis Group. The programs they build are called productions so I would get updates from the TAGPROD group regularly. Thought it was a cool name (don't know what I was drinking) I used it as my screen name on another board a long time ago and I keep using it so I don't have to remember 10 or 12 unique ID's and passwords.

Way back in the day, I used to do some electrical engineering, before I got dropped into IT roles. Back when I was just a kid, one of the senior guys I worked with had a sign that read "WARNING! 100,000,000 Ohms", and he used to think it was the funniest thing since the prat fall. Over the years, I came to miss his sense of humor, and I thought about that sign a few times. Then one day, I needed to come up with an internet handle, so...

Well, like Mike...mine's not too difficult to figure out! I'm a gal in Middle Tennessee!!! :lol:

Hey duraleigh...I'll have to say I was one of those mispronouncing your name! But, I have to pass along that it could be "smith" and *someone's* going to ask how to spell it!! :roll: When signing up for my business internet, the CSR on the phone with Comcast asked me how to spell Tennessee!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

When it came time to have a handle back in the early 90's, I recalled an old army tanker term which is now my handle.

Sabot means many things (wood shoe is one of them...) for me it is a direct tie to my years spend in an Abrams. Sabot is the command to load/index/shoot an Armor Piercing, Fin Stabilized, Discarding Sabot-Tracer(APFSDS-T). Sabot was much easier to say quickly then that! It's an kinetic energy (KE) armor defeating round.

I'm an engineer by degree

I work for a wine company

Zinfandel is my favorite varietal (NOT White-Zin, although we make that as well)

I usually have no problem getting the tag "zinengineer".

sometimes on other boards I've used Warf (modification of my last name, also a trekkie thing), but I end up being "warfXXX" some number.

On the Trombone forum I'm "mid-aged-bone" - didn't really think that was appropriate here

BTW - even though my last name is Wolf (just like the animal), people almost always want to put an "e" on the end

funny the burdens we carry with us simply due to a name (which we have no choice with). I guess that's why internet naming is fun. 8)

uwimage...underwater image, I'm a PADI divemaster with a passion for underwater photo and video (diving for 16 years now...). The housing company I use website was uwimages.com, I got uwimage.com and have used it as email/forum handles ever since, guess almost 8 years ago.

now I just need to get back to the islands...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.