Whats behind the name?

:( Come on people, there are around 3823 registered on this site and only 42 responses to this post (and some of the 42 are repeats and not new) you would think we could get at least get 25% response :? Come on now, I know even a MOD that hasnt responded yet :cry: :wink:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
duraleigh said:
One of the worst mistakes in my business career was "duraleigh".

There is a road that roughly connects Durham, NC to Raleigh, NC called Duraleigh Rd.

Our business was on that road for 20+ years and was prefaced with the name "Duraleigh......"

Naturally, as we started using computers, the username duraleigh seemed to be the natural choice. WRONG! Not a human on earth can spell it over the phone when you say it and most pronounce it incorrectly. (it's pronounced DUR'- a - lee...........not DO - ral - ee)

Anyway, by the time we got sick of spelling it for people, it was too late to change it...it was entertwined throughout our business.

Always the glutton for punishment, I have carried it over to my personal life and have explained it's pronunciation and spelling probably 250,000 times with plenty more to go.

Hey, Boyd, aren't you sorry you asked? :lol: :lol:

I Knew how to pronounce it!!! "Back in the day" the company I worked for built a mall on that road and I was a leasing administrator. So it was ingrained in my brain. We're talking early 90's here....

My original was ron168, which is used everywhere else, but seems like I messed it up during registration the first time. So I quickly came up with ma-pool for "my pool" with a southern flair? or pool from Massachusetts. Nothing fancy. I would have stuck with ron168 ;-)

Sissy is something my mother and siblings called me growing up (I am the oldest of 4), then in high school I was everyone's "sister". I went by Their_sissy for a long time, but being as Alaska is my home, I went with the 907 which is the area code up there.. And now I am Sissy907 everywhere I go. (even here in Florida!)

Not as exciting as it could have been huh? :( lol

Alli~

Finally, I can post something that isn't a question!! :-D

I got mine back in the 90's working in an office with me and 15 ladies. I was the lone male in the office, and my first name starts with a D, so it soon became DMAN. The 1-1 (not eleven) was added when DMAN was taken when I registered for an internet service back then, so I tried DMAN1, also taken, so DMAN11 it became (DMAN2 just didn't work for me).

I use it pretty much everywhere else except for a gaming tag. There I use Waydown23 because of where I 'm from about 45-50 miles south of New Orleans. There is only one road in and one road out, it's Highway 23. So when people ask, I am from "way down 23".

Great Thread PI,,,,,,,

DMAN

And did you meet his brother, Al O'Moaney? :p

Mine's boring, Vegas for where I live (duh!) Mom= got 3 kids

I'm also Earthgirrrl in other places. Earth sign, love to dig in the dirt, Tori Amos fan.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.