Pool bottom not level

Feb 22, 2013
Good Morning,
On day 3 of my pool install...and ran into an issue. I have all of my support braces level, using a Transcend level, but in one spot of the pool, the pool bottom isn't level. The guy that cleared the area with the bob cat, dug too deep on one side of the pool. It is about 3 to 5 inches low compared to the rest of the pool. I have blocked up the support and it is level, but worried about how to fix the bottom. The size of the low spot is about a 3 x 5 foot section.
The bob cat is now gone and the ground it too hard to did by shovel, I know they say don't backfill the low spot, so I am at a loss. Any suggestions?

If all of your support braces are level and they are on solid, undisturbed soil, I would use some gravel back fill to bring up the low spot. The liner will likely stretch into the low spot anyway but the gravel won't compact and will probably make your liner fit a bit better.

Thanks, All my post are level. I used 8x8x2 blocks under all of them. At the low level, I did have one post that I had to put three blocks under to bring it up level and I used blocks under the rail in between the posts to make sure the rail was level also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.