Backwash handle

It can be fixed, though you may need to buy a part.

Usually the handle is held in place with a cotter pin inside the valve body. It could be as simple as the cotter pin shearing off, or there might be something more complex going on. If you want to attempt the repair yourself, open up the main valve and look around to see what the handle connects to and if all of the visible parts are otherwise intact. The pump should be off when attempting this of course.

[attachment=0:2vjzq8g7]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365990122.612350.jpg[/attachment:2vjzq8g7]
Here is a picture during a filter clean.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365990122.612350.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365990122.612350.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 74
Ok so I took the top off the b/w valve and I can not get to the valve itself. I can get to a black tube that the handle goes into. Any advice to get the valve mechanism itself out? Also the valve on the step by step isn't the same one I have.

Ok I fixed it. Realized it was missing a metal pin. Looked all over for it and It was gone! I think the last pool service guy that came to find a suction leak was hoping for more work! Either way it's fixed now and not leaking a drop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.