Trimming overlap liner

flyingvranch

In The Industry
Mar 14, 2008
Huntsville, Texas
I just installed a new liner on my 12 x 24 oval AGP and I have about 6 inches excess left over after the overlap. Since the pool is already filled, the walls are tight against the supports, I cannot easily roll up the excess and tuck it away. I want to just trim it, but I am wondering if that will create problems down the road? Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thank You!

I usually roll/fold the overlap up during fill (underneath to avoid water getting caught), you might have to push the wall in a bit to make this happen (harder to do with water level full). It's nice to have the overlap in case you need to reset the liner. But if your not having any issues, take a new razor blade to it and trim it up a couple inches below the couping, be carefull not to scrap the wall which could damage the protective coating.

I trimmed mine an inch or less below coping but that's just me. I did that the last time and never had a problem but what I did find troubling was tucking the excess liner, then my coping wouldn't fit onto the top (I have wall foam too). I tried and tried and tried to no avail. *shrug*

You shouldn't have any problems.

Happy swimmin! 8)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.