Duped by the pool store no more!

jdfrye

Apr 7, 2013
Southern California
Had my vinyl liner pool for 15 years and have always done the maintenance myself. I've had two liners and the second one I put in myself from "in the swim". When I installed these two liners the first and second year really was trouble free. Then I would always have problems with algae with the chlorine in the 3.0 level. Every weekend I would have to brush green walls and if I didn't do a small sweep in the middle of the week then it would be harder for the weekend. I would always buy the 3" tabs and put them in my in line feeder. Pool store test would always be fine except for the CYA. They never said that you really should do something about this level. So I though it was normal to always brush the pool algae every week, what bugged me was I always remember that the first years after filling my pool the maintenance was so much easier and the water was always crystal clear. This year for summer I was ready to buy my 50lbs pail of tabs and figured that I should look into a SWG. Then doing Google search found this site and mostly found my problem was CYA.
Pool store never wanted me to know this! :hammer:
So I drained my pool 50% then again 50% then another 20%to get my stabilizer levels to 80.I added normal levels of chlorine while I dealt with the adding salt and installing my SWG and my water was perfect for that week of set up. Was so happy and continued reading this site as I set up the system. Now the SWG has been running for a week and been following the salt pool recommend levels and my pool is a beautiful creation!
Considering very much when I get my tax return to donate to your free site.

:cheers: To the people that give this site life, I want to thank you and tell you that you have given me new life!

Re: Been duped by the pool store no more!

A good test kit is worth it's weight in gold. The TF100 is what a lot of people on here use, so once you get your pool perfect it's not hard to keep it that way.