ta going down, ph going up

Mar 29, 2013
south Texas
hi all, i have a 3 week old plaster (wet edge) pool. my ta reading at fill time was 200 and the ph was above or at 8.2 (the highest on my kit...im waiting on a t-2006). i've been adding some acid to lower both. as of now, the ta has come down to 70. the ph will come a little, but then climbs back up to well over max. i understand the relationship with new plaster and rising ph, but what is the best approach? if i try to lower the ph more with acid, won't it just keep bringing the ta down as well? or at this point is it a waiting game until the plaster cures...thanks

During the first three or four weeks after applying fresh plaster you need to focus on keeping the PH in range, which is 7.2 to 8.0. The PH can raise very rapidly and will typically require acid additions every day during the first month. After that things will slow down dramatically and you can focus on things like TA level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.