Trying to control wasps who love it under my deck.

johnnysnok

Feb 25, 2011
South Jersey
Well they started already since we had a few warm days, the wasps are out and looking for a place to start there nests under my deck. This winter i checked under every floor joists cavity and removed about 20 nests. I know they are territorial and try to come back to the same nest every year but for the next 2 months it is just not fun to sit out there and enjoy everything.

Has anyone come up with any ideas of how to control, stop or anything to make them go somewhere else?

Try leaving the nests but only after you have sprayed them with wasp spray. After they get wind of it, they will leave and head elsewhere to make a home.

I tried leaving the nest last summer but it didn't work, but might still be worth a try. This year I am trying moth balls, I am hearing they don't like the smell

Highlander said:
I tried leaving the nest last summer but it didn't work, but might still be worth a try. This year I am trying moth balls, I am hearing they don't like the smell

i don't like the smell of moth balls either. I have heard some people say it helped a little and others say it did nothing.
Thanks for the tip, but i have to pass on the moth balls......1500 SF of moth balls would gag me :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.