Jandy Filter Normal Pressure: Different this year than past?

Apr 18, 2010
Hello All!
Pool opened yesterday, yay!!
Quick question, the normal operating pressure in the past 3 seasons (how long we've had the pool) has been ~12-14. This year it seems to be about 19.
The only thing difference I can think of is a new drain cap that was installed (i noticed the old one had a major crack in it prior to opening the pool). Good this be it? Anything else i should be looking at/considering?
I don't think 19 is a bad operating pressure, i'm just so used to the standard being ~5-7psi lower.
thanks!

Re: Jandy Filter Normal Pressure: Different this year than p

While 19 is not so bad, something is restricting the flow. If there have been no mechanical changes, about all it can be is an obstruction of some sort in the filter. At the very least, I would call the pool guy and see if he has an idea what that obstruction could be.

Pool guy came and took apart filter.
said everything is fine.

only difference between this year and last is a new drain cap b/c i noticed a big crack in the old one.

this has me puzzled. pressure at 19 is fine, just so different than every other year.

Just to be sure...the gauge returns to zero when the pump is off, correct?

Also, my pressure varies depending on where I have the valves set. Make sure you're comparing the readings withe everything in the same position.

figured it out...it was the pressure gauge.
replaced it with a $5 part and the reading is back to 12.
glad it was something simple and not the grids or some kind of blockage!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.