Is this possible?

AimeeH

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Apr 2, 2012
Columbia SC
I read so much on this site about problems with pools. I bought the TF100 last spring. I'll admit I left it on the screened porch over the winter. I know that was a no no but can anyone verify the effects of the temps on the chemicals? I'm going to be purchasing the refill kit but today I tested water with what I had and here are results:

FC- 5
CC- 0
TC -5
PH-7.5
TA 80
CYA.....this one is debatable I would say between 80-100.......the black dot was more visible at different angles but disappeared at others.

I'm almost flabbergasted that I've never had an algae problem............seems like the norm from reading this site.

we kept our pump running about 4 hours a day throughout the winter here as it rarely freezes......now I want to open and the chemistry seems great but the pool is full of debris. Am I missing something?

I am missing your concern?

The CYA sounds a little high, but the FC is above the minimum for a SWG pool.

Scoop all the mess out and sounds like the opening process will be easy.

Thank you. My results seemed too good to be true and I was concerned about inacuracy having left the test kit on the screened porch all winter as I know it is advised to keep the chemicals in a more climate controlled environment. I will definitely be ordering the refills. Thanks to finding this site my pool has truly been trouble free since the 2011 construction of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.