New Pool Build because of Big Green Egg - FINAL INSPECTION

Glad to hear you're getting good use from the spa (with some help from HS kids)! Any other updated / final pics-I noticed your avatar pic?

Pool company came out and took some professional shots. I didn't get any copies but I went on their web site and stole a few......!

Attachments

• Pro pool.jpg
    Pro pool.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 606
  • Pro Pool Firepit.jpg
    Pro Pool Firepit.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 600
  • Pro Pool Kitchen.jpg
    Pro Pool Kitchen.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 600
Have added a couple of things over the winter.....The PB covered up my water faucet with the heater during installation. Didn't think it would be that big of deal but it really was a pain. Moved the faucet so we could get to it easily and at the same time ran a direct fill line to the pool. No more hoses to add water. Here in Austin any direct line needs to have a RPZ valve attached and inspected to prevent pool water back flowing into the water supply. Yes I had to have an inspection but it went without incident. The inspectors and I are becoming quite friendly.

Additionally, I caught a college kid trying to jump into the pool from the roof of my house (Or at least he was pretending to and was glad I stopped him so he could save face). I have since added a security camera system with enough cameras to cover every bit of real estate around my house. That way if a kid decides to do something stupid and sues me, hopefully my video will show his stupidity, not my negligence. It has also done wonders for handling the hormones of all the high school kids that come over. Even with us not out there they know they are being watched!

Attachments

• IMG_2245.JPG
    IMG_2245.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_2244.JPG
    IMG_2244.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 589
Our backyard neighbor's teen loves having pool parties where they all jump off the roof into the pool. First time I caught a glimpse of it out our window (middle of the afternoon on a weekday) it scared the bejeezus out of me. The second time was during a rager of a party on a late Friday night, and the girls screaming about not wanting to jump in carried all the way to our living room. When they started pushing the girls off the roof I got worried enough to call the cops (although I'm pretty sure I need to turn in my anti-establishment membership card somewhere). Someone was bound to get a broken arm or leg or worse. Kid was none too happy about the cops quieting down the party.

A week or so later, he took his displeasure out on the siding of my house by winging unripe pears at it FROM HIS OWN YARD (stealthy, right?) WHILE I WAS SITTING OUTSIDE. My DH was in the room being pelted and he thought someone was shooting at the house - he came running outside and scaled the pool filter to jump up to the top of the 8' privacy fence. The Kid saw him and bolted into the house. I talked DH down but left a voicemail for the neighbor saying we needed to talk. :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone. We have been truly thrilled how it came out and how much use it gets, even in the winter (spa and fire pit) We look back and now laugh at our adventures during this build. Will be putting the stone sealer on in the next couple of weeks. As of now no impact of salt on the stone but I realize it is early. And I had put three coats of sealer on before salt was introduced and I rinse all of the stone off every week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Our backyard neighbor's teen loves having pool parties where they all jump off the roof into the pool. First time I caught a glimpse of it out our window (middle of the afternoon on a weekday) it scared the bejeezus out of me. The second time was during a rager of a party on a late Friday night, and the girls screaming about not wanting to jump in carried all the way to our living room. When they started pushing the girls off the roof I got worried enough to call the cops (although I'm pretty sure I need to turn in my anti-establishment membership card somewhere). Someone was bound to get a broken arm or leg or worse. Kid was none too happy about the cops quieting down the party.

A week or so later, he took his displeasure out on the siding of my house by winging unripe pears at it FROM HIS OWN YARD (stealthy, right?) WHILE I WAS SITTING OUTSIDE. My DH was in the room being pelted and he thought someone was shooting at the house - he came running outside and scaled the pool filter to jump up to the top of the 8' privacy fence. The Kid saw him and bolted into the house. I talked DH down but left a voicemail for the neighbor saying we needed to talk. :)

You need to see the movie Neighbors when it comes out in a month or so with Seth Rogan and Zac Effron. It just premiered here at South by Southwest (a big music, technology, and film convention) here in Austin and everyone who reviewed it said it was awesome. I know I feel like I turned into my parents when I complain about what some of the kids are doing. Not sure if I am getting more mature or more conservative or cranky in my old age!

I read the inspection highlights aloud for my husband and it is truly just crazy what you went through -- some things reasonable, some simply crazy. I wonder if the personality types attracted to regulatory enforcement are just missing a "reasonable" gene...

Your pool is beautiful -- I see you installed 4 Jandy lights, but the PBs gave all recommended a single Jandy for a 32x16' curvy pool. May have to rethink that, because your pool is well-lit. And the firepit and bench are intriguing.

Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread, but, wow!

Hi skylar! I apologize for resurrecting an old thread but I just read through it all in one sitting. Was great entertainment and research while stuck sick.

Thank you so much for sharing and for your sense of humor along the way! You pool is stunning and you gave us some ideas for improving our own. Congratulations and I pray for as many years of stress free pool ownership as you had days of stressful building. That should just about give you two lifetimes of warranty! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Twinkles.......

Actually thanks for resurrecting it....I haven't been through it in awhile. If it help spark some ideas during your build I am very happy.....my whole purpose was to hopefully help people along the way.

Good Luck with your pool! We absolutely love ours and well worth the stress and aggravation of building it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.