are test strips equal?

Apr 12, 2013
so we are just setting up an new pool and are starting to try and test the water. I have test strips that came with a chlorease salt system but i ALSO bought some other testing strips. they show almost opposite results for the ph.

I would give more details however i dont have faith in the strips since they showed totally different results.

So what give? thoughts? ditch that testing stripps in favor of the TF100 test and salt kits?
want to start the season off right.

TY for your help.

18,000 above ground pool (27' round 52"wall)
pro line cartridge filter
chlorease chlorinator

You have made a wise decision!!!

Other suggestion would be to add the SpeedStir ... make the testing easier, more accurate, and more fun. :goodjob:

Not sure how much reading you have done here, but be sure to read through Pool School a few times (button at the upper right of the page). That will make you more knowledgeable than most employees you find at pool stores ... and give you the ability to avoid those stores and save money if you so desire.

done added to order should have them all end of next week. THEN I can start dialing this pool in.

TY for the FAST FAST responses. I did some lite reading on here so far and have learned the same about pool store employees are that they are like home store employees that they are all toilet paper salesman.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
have to say its good to get helpful people and not flames for a noob. I got the test kit on way should be here end of next week. THEN ill get real results and then be able to ask a informed question about what to do.

again ty for your help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.