Middle Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I have had the CYA in a couple of socks in front of returns since last Sunday. Water temp has been 58 - 65 at the highest. Another cold spell and it will probably be back to around 60. The CYA is dissolving very slowly. Is that because of the colder temps?

Yes, I have a few times but probably need to do more often. I guess it can take awhile for new pool start up. I haven't even added all the CYA as I just put in front of 2 skimmers. I had only added 5.5 lb of CYA which is less than what Pool Calculator suggested. I wasnt sure if needed to add all at same time. Also, it has been suggested to run pump for 24 hours after adding - which I did on start up but I am assuming that I do not need to run continuously until dissolved - correct?

Thanks again for all of the valuable info that you give.

Question on test results

Still trying to dissolve CYA. Tested water and only around 20. I didn't add all the recommended amount at once but I will have to add more per calculator (using 0 as my starting point, I only added partial)

Here are my current results

FC. 2
CC. .5
TA. 80
pH. 7.5
CYA. 20
Salt. 2700
Water temp 60

When I plug info into Pool Calculator I get CSI of -1.19 when I enter target. Just want to be sure that that is OK. I just added salt yesterday but need to add a bit more. Still haven't turned on IC40. Circulating water at about 1000 rpm
So my question is: do I need to do anything else at this point other than add more CYA and salt and using bleach till IC40 up and running?

You still need to raise the CYA and salt. Be sure to circulate for a day after adding the salt before turning on the SWG.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.