Returns & Skimmer

Apr 3, 2013
Lewisville, TX
While vacuuming my pool I notice a return (just one) was spurting air bubbles. I cut pump off then back on and it seems fine. Was this just a sign of air getting in? I think when I started the vac it came out of the pool a bit.

I have 2 skimmers and one doesn't seem to pull water like the other. Is this a plumbing issue?

Eric

Likely the bubbles were just from a little air in the system. Have you opened the air valve on the top of the filter to purge any air?

The imbalance of the skimmer suction may just due to the different pipe lengths. But, depending on how your pool is plumbed, you can probably do something to better balance them if you wanted.

Are the plumbed separately to the pump? If so, you could close the near skimmer a little to force more suction from the far one ... although this will actually result in a total flow that is slightly less.

Hard to know how they are connected and whether they are adjustable or not. It could be that the far skimmer is plumbed to one of the holes in the near skimmer and then the 2nd hole goes to the pump ... but this seems like an odd setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.