New build, cracks on spa floor normal?

Dec 14, 2011
The shotcrete was completed 4 days ago, and by the next morning I noticed that there were some cracks on the floor of the spa. I understand that its is normal to have some cracks on the concrete, but I am wondering if cracks this large are normal, or should I worry? There are about 4 other thinner cracks on the floor of the rest of the pool, but they are much thinner than the ones on the spa. Below is a picture of the spa floor. What do you think?

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    245 KB · Views: 89
I'm an owner, not in the industry so I can't say whether it's a concern or not. That being said, the best thing to do is to discuss the matter with your PB. Our pool was recently completed, and if I had seen those cracks, I would have been very concerned. They may be aware of it already and address the problem as part of normal course, but at the very least you should bring it to their attention. Also, take a lot of photographs and keep records of your discussion just in case it becomes an issue in the future.

Maybe one of the folks in the industry can weigh in. Good luck and keep us posted.

Best,

Sciz

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.