Stone Sealers

I will be sealing my flagstone coping this weekend with the Dupont Stone-Tech product. I wanted to do it before I got the salt in the pool, but the coping guys had to make a few repairs this past weekend. The Dupont product was recommended to me by the PB, so if all goes terribly wrong, I'll be giving him a call.

At first I thought it was terribly expensive - but then I found it cheaper on Amazon and it showed up at my door 2 days later. I will post a review of the product and installation next week.

Best,

Sciz

Update to my original reply:

I just re-read the application instructions on the Dupont website. The sealer has to cure without chance of getting wet for 72 hours after application. Looks like I may be doing this another time since there is a chance of rain on Monday. Also, I intended to sweep and vaccum the pool this weekend, which always causes a bit of splash-out.

I should also point out there is a difference between the regular stone-tech sealer and the salt water resistant sealer. make sure you get the correct one for your application.

Best,

Sciz

Sorry for the delay - I wanted to confirm. Yes that was the seller on Amazon. I paid $119 for 1 gallon (looks like now it is $0.10 cheaper (dang - shoulda waited). I recall looking for the same product locally (in Georgia) through a distributor - they wanted $225 a gallon so I was happy to pay what I did - hopefully it works.

I am anxious to get this product on now that the salt is actually in the water and generating chlorine.

Best of luck,

Sciz

I will be sealing my flagstone coping with Dry Treat's 40sk, primarily due to the consolidation properties of the product. Although marketed as a salt water sealer (I do not have a swg) I'm using it because I've already seen some flaking on my coping that is only a few weeks old. The 40sk should bind and solidify the stone. I do not believe the DuPont sealers have the same consolidation properties.

40sk is also a one time application which is very attractive to me. Because it does not sit on the surface of the stone it will not wear off. For salt water conditions they do recommend dip sealing the stone, which obviously won't be an option for you. I have been in contact several times with the regional rep for my area, he has been very willing to answer my many questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.