Help me choose a correct pool heater...not sure of pool size

Spring is fast approaching and I've had two quotes now from companies for installing a natural gas heater for my pool.

I know nothing about my pool (just bought the house last year) and this year is my learning/maintenance session as last year I paid a company to maintain the pool.

I was told I need or should get a 250k btu heater but want to be sure I am on the right track. The company that impressed me the most suggested a LRZ 250 btu Jandy Zodiac Heater.

Here is the spec's I have of the pool left by the previous owner...

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo18 ... daa9c2.jpg

thoughts?

1f952391-8c56-468a-bd8f-dfc43961e796_zps72daa9c2.jpg

Re: Help me choose a correct pool heater...not sure of pool

Wow! - This IS our pool. It is a 17 x 33 Oblique, Pacific Liner. Linen is correct as ours is 16,000 bottom of skimmer, closer to 17,000 at the top which is where we keep our water level. We have a Hayward Natural Gas heater (250).

You are just missing the slide!

Really the size of a gas heater just determines how quickly you will be able to raise the temp. A 400k would heat faster, but costs more and requires a larger gas line.

Using a cover will be key regardless of the heater size.

On the quote it shows 72" but that does not seem right...I'd say 35 feet from the house to the pool house. It has to go under a walkway as pictured above. From the meter/furance where they have to run the pipe out would be around 30 feet...

The quote includes the concrete pad for the heater, digging the trench...etc. everything but the electrician to wire it in.

UPDATE:

Our heater has been installed. Sweet!

I live in Canada and the heater sits outside my pool shed exposed to the eliminates. Do I need to built a lean to style cover or otherwise put a roof high over top to keep it somewhat out of the rain.....and do i cover it in the winter like you do your a/c unit?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.