Replacing Salt Cell vs. New System

Apr 6, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Hey guys, looks like my salt cell is dead. I got five swimming seasons out of it, so not bad. I am really struggling though as some of you may remember with the pool chemistry....mainly thanks to hurricanes and pine trees. Before I drop $400 or so on a new cell what are some of the best brands of salt systems? In 2008 when I had this system installed this guy sold me one that looks like it was from 1999. No digital readouts, just some lights and a dial. It is a Resilience brand which no one locally services or covers. I am looking on EBay for some of the new Hayward systems and it looks like I can pick up a new one for around $700-800 with a newer digital readout and the whole kit and kaboodle including a new cell. What do you guys think?

P.S. I should also mention that the electrical connectors on my system seem to have gotten stripped and I am not even sure if it was the cell failing or the whole system crapping out.

Hayward seem to have good systems ... kind of in the middle on features/price. I had one at previous house and going to be getting one at current house. Realize that you should be looking for a system speced to 1.5-3 times the size of your pool. So I would certainly be looking at the T-15 (40k) cell size.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.