Pump not working on Low speed

mx702

Aug 2, 2010
MA
2 speed Hayward pump with aqua plus controls going on its 3rd season. Opened pool 2 days ago and pump was operating fine. Ran the pool cleaner today on high speed for about 8 hrs. Went to kick the pump down to low for awhile and nothing. Tried several different times. Motor is not turning at all. Control panel display indicates that it thinks the pump is running. Any suggestions?

The most likely possibility is a bad relay in the automation system. If you stand next to the power center box do you hear a click when switching between off and low? No click means it is almost certainly the relay.

There are a couple of other possibilities, loose connection, bad motor winding, etc, but they are much less likely.

That's kind of what I figured. No click from the relay.

Is this something I might be able to repair with the correct parts?

Or perhaps a warranty repair? I believe because I purchased pump, filter and automation, I get 3 years from Hayward.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.