Installing an Auto Pilot Pool Pilot Digital

blake06

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 12, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Hello,

I recently purchased an Auto Pilot Pool Pilot Digital from saltpoolguys.com. I thought I was going to install it myself, but after reading through the instructions and online material, I just don't think I have the enough experience with PVC repair or with the electrical side of things to do it myself. It looks like it would be pretty straightforward for someone with some experience with plumbing/electrical repair, but I don't want to screw something up. Plus the amount of time I'd probably need to spend to do it just isn't worth it.

I'm in Keller in the DFW area.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a pool company, or a handyman service, or someone that I could hire to install it?

A couple of the pool companies I called don't really want to install a system that I didn't purchase through them. One quoted me $600 which seems quite high, and he said he would need to make up for the amount of money they would have made if I had purchased the actual equipment from them.

The couple of handyman companies I called said they couldn't do pool equipment installation like that.

Any recommendations or thoughts/tips/hints would be great!

Thanks!
Blake

I can't recommend anyone, but it's a pretty straightforward install. Since you have the Compool controller, if you have an open relay you can run the swg off it, and the plumbing is pretty easy too. Maybe you can get a plumber to install the cell and an electrician to wire up the control.

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the reply!

I actually got this installed on my own last weekend (with help via phone/email from Josh at saltpoolguys.com). It's working great! Awesome feeling when I turned the breaker back on and all was working, and when no there were no leaks when I started the pump. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.