algecide 60% is it safe?

smooth2222

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
michigan
algecide 60% is it safe? when properly dosed.

Does it eventually get filtered out?

Have kids

peeked under the pool cover green, so i shocked it several times using about 12 bottles chlorine, nice white and milky now, dumped my algecide in.

Will this prevent any further algea growth? only need about a month before i open the pool

electric robot to stir water btw

thanks, steve

Algacide 60% is usually what we call polyquat, ie Poly[oxyethylene(dimethyliminio)ethylene(dimethyliminio)ethylene dichloride]. Polyquat is safe to use at the recommended dosage, though it isn't usually needed.

We don't recommend adding any chemicals unless you have the pump running.

please enlighten me.

I don't see anywere in pool school that tells you how to close a pool with a mesh cover and not get algea at start up.

I have followed there winterizing procedure.

I do know what i'm doing next year to remedy the situation , gonna add a solid cover under my mesh cover so the sunlight doesn't get thru.

The most effective technique is to close the pool when the water is cold (50ºF or below) and open it before it warms up again. Some algae may grow, but not nearly as much as at warmer temperatures. One can close the pool with Polyquat 60 algaecide, but it may not last all winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.