PoolPilot Check Cell

DaveNJ

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2007
Toms River, NJ
Started up the pool about a week and half ago. Have been getting a Check/Clean Cell message.
Cell looked clean. Cleaned it with acid mixture anyway. Checked tri sensor, looks good. Checked all connections.
PoolPilot readings: temp. 83, power level 3, 29v - 5.7amps, 35%, salt 3000ppm
Test kit Readings:
Salt - 3000ppm
FC - 2.5
CYA - 60
ALK - 110
PH - 7.6
CH - 190

Thanks,
Dave

Hey Dave,

Not sure why this display would be on. Actually I do know, the cell amps and volts are not in the proper range. Rather, not sure why your voltage and amperage are operating where they are.
Question for you, which cell do you have and why are you running on cell power 3?
How old is your system?

1) Check your cell cord on both ends for any signs of corrosion or damage (discoloration).
2) Make sure your cell is getting saturated with water. That is, when the pump is on, is the manifold check valve opening about 1/4" to 1/2"? Then, when the pump is off, is the check valve closing completely? (indicated by the red gasket on the inlet side of the check valve).
If the cell is not saturated but there is sufficient flow to activate the flow switch, this display will show up.
3) Is the water temperature actually in the 80's? Cooler water temps (below the mid 60's) can cause this display when combined with salt levels below 2800 ppm AND the SC-48 cell.

The good thing is that the system is still producing chlorine for you, even with the CHECK/CLEAN CELL display.

Let me know what you find.

Unit is two years old, SC-48 cell. Checked the readings again level 3, 29v -5.9amps. Heater water temp readings is 77. Warning is on if pump is in high or low speed (Northstar 2hp). The valve does open on high speed about a half inch. I'm on pwr level three trying to get the cl level up from 2.5ppm to 5. Last year it was on level 2 and maintained cl level.
Checked salt reading with drop test, reads 3000ppm.

Dave,

Quick check on the cell blades. Are the two outer blades the same length or shorter than the blades in between them? If it is some sort of premature cell failure, I want to get it covered under full warranty.
Short of that, send me your complete information, with serial numbers of the power supply and cell and I will forward to my service manager.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.