Suction Line Leak Temporary Solution ?

Jul 25, 2012
I live in Austin Tx and I have a leak in the suction line from my pool. I have an old(1979) pool and spa combo pool with 2 drains. The problem is a large tree root is crushing my pool lines and in the city of Austin I have to have a permit to have the tree removed which has been initially declined and could possibly take months to resolve. Does it seem logical to run a pvc line above ground to the pool to allow for the circulation of the water ?

It would work, but you may have trouble with water leaking from the existing plumbing unless you plug the drains and skimmer(s). There are safety considerations with suction lines, so you need some kind of anti-entrapment cover on the end in the pool.

Look at my recent thread on using marlig fix a leak for a suction side leak. My alternative involved a jack hammer so it was worth rolling the dice which seems to be working so far

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.