What to look for in a used AGP? Pump/filter size?

QuiltinMom

Platinum Supporter
Mar 24, 2013
Central Iowa
So, we were wanting to buy a hard sided pool, but it looks like our budget won't stretch that far for a new one once you add in the correct filter, pump, etc.

I saw a used pool advertised on Craigslist today and when we called about it the lady said she had just sold it. She called back a couple of hours later (thanks to caller id) and said the other person had backed out of the deal (the other person "bought" it sight unseen and the seller was going to deliver it to the buyer when the buyer called and backed out of the deal).

So, we are going to go and look at it tomorrow. Here is the only details I know

24' round pool - soft sided, grey in color (seller does not know the brand, selling for her elderly parents and the pool is in storage)
50" deep
sand filter
ladder
volley ball net
solar cover
cleaning net
all tubes, etc.
sand
pool was new in 2010
seller is asking $350 obo

What do I need to look for as far as the size of the sand filter/pump (is this all one item?)

Any brands to stay away from?

What else do I need to know?

THANKS!!!!

I have heard that ester williams is a good brand. It is best to buy a used pool that is still installed and functioning when you go look at so that you can inspect it closely and make sure everything is working. This thread may be of some help: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-removal-t37997.html

The price sounds decent, though you will have to judge that after you see the state of the pool/equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.