New Pool - Correlation btw salt and temp?

susie

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2008
Maryland
We have a new pool with a swg. We started the swg about two weeks ago and everything was great (pool temp was around 72). Now, the meter (Intellichlor) is indicating low salt. I added 30lbs yesterday and in the afternoon got a nice green light again. This a.m., I have the orange "need salt" light. The pool temp is 63 - could the low temp possibly be giving me a false "need salt" indication? Is there any correlation between pool water temperature and the accuracy of the meter on the SWG unit?

Thanks,

I've had to have an intellichlor replaced due to salt sensing issues and I've read of several others that have also. I wouldn't recommend adding any salt off the intellichlor's recommendations. Definitely buy yourself some salt test strips before you go adding any salt.

The lower the temp I would assume the longer it would take for the salt to FULLY dissolve in the water... I know when I initially added salt after my build, it took almost a week for the intellichlor to be happy with the levels.

Thanks for reply - have salt strips on order - I think you are right and now suspect the sensor on the meter. I have a green light this morning and having no problems generating Cl at 20% on the SWG. I've made no changes or added anything so it's good advice to get the salt strips and test yourself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.