Cartridge vs sand filter for 4 month season + pump sizing

Re: Cartridge vs sand filter for 4 month season + pump sizin

so I ended up educating myself by speaking to Hayward Tech support along with looking at all the Brochures with flow rates.

So I would run at High speed when Heat pump goes on for a 1-2 hours a day depending on the season, sometimes more sometimes less, sometimes none at all, I would possibly need high for my T-Cell15 Salt Water Generator, but I could possibly have enough flow, and and aisde from backwashing and vacumming I would be sitting pretty at low speed, and since I like to leave my pump on 24/7, that will be nice.

No idea why the Hayward Rep would tell my guy that I would have trouble starting with it or that the 2-speed 1Hp Super Pump is a bad pump, I guess local guys don't have experience with 2-speeds, I'm assuming Aqualogic starts system in High speed, just like it kicks it in to high speed for Heater, and I'm guess I need to manually press a switch on the Pump when I want to Vacuum or Backwash.

Do you guys Wire a second light type switch to throw your 2-speed in to high speed?
Can it also be thrown in to high speed by button from Aqua Logic Control Box or Aqua Pod Remote?

I'm also having plumbing re-done inside Cabana, any reason not to go 2"?

If you have a free relay, then the AquaLogic can control the speed and you can toggle the speed with a button press.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I am in the process of doing something similar (letting the solar heat controller switch the pump between low and high so that it is on high when the solar heat is running), I also wanted ability to manually override the pump speed for vacuuming, back washing, etc. I found this relay module with built in override switches which looks like it will work for the job, but is of course not officially supported by the controller

RIB RELAY RIB2401SBC 20 Amp SPDT + OVR
http://www.functionaldevices.com/buildi ... RIB2401SBC

You should not need any additional equipment ... assuming you have not already used the 4 high speed relays in the P4. One of the relays get wired to the low speed circuit. You will have separate timers for High and Low if you want. The pump will always start on high for 3 minutes for priming and then switch to low speed if that is what you have set. Then there is another setting "Allow Heater Low Speed" or something like that, change that do "Disable" (which I think is default anyway) and then when heat is called for, the pump will automatically switch to high speed.

You push the filter button to manually change speeds.

jblizzle said:
You should not need any additional equipment ... assuming you have not already used the 4 high speed relays in the P4. One of the relays get wired to the low speed circuit. You will have separate timers for High and Low if you want. The pump will always start on high for 3 minutes for priming and then switch to low speed if that is what you have set. Then there is another setting "Allow Heater Low Speed" or something like that, change that do "Disable" (which I think is default anyway) and then when heat is called for, the pump will automatically switch to high speed.

You push the filter button to manually change speeds.

So my current one speed filter is connected to my aqua logic p4, and I siply press filter on either the aqua logic control box or the aqua pod to turn it on or off.

So are you saying the two speed will need an additional relay for low speed but will still be controlled by the filter button on the control pnael? But when I press it once now, it won't turn off but will toggle speeds and I guess twice or something will turn it off?

Will that be the same for the Aqua Pod?

My 1HP 2-speed arrives today, it's happening!!

Add I understand the manual, everything you said is correct.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.