No flow aquarite

Sep 3, 2011
Hey guys 1 yr old aquarite plus swg with no flow on read out. My question is since my water is only 58 degrees is the swich tempature dependent before the system tries to activate cell and flow sensor to generate? If not what can I do. Cord is plugged in and no breaks in the line, removed cell and could feel swich it appears intact and I can move it with my finger can thoughts would be helpful.......thanks in advance.

The flow switch is not dependent on water temperature, only the cell.

The switch might be bad (or line) but you could check it with an ohm meter. Remove the connection at the board and do a continuity check across the terminals with the pump running. It should read 0 ohms.

If that checks out, then take a look at the board and see if there are any brown/burn marks. The Goldline units have been plagued with this issue:

http://www.nocellpower.com

But that usually shows up as a No Power warning.

So I unplugged flow swich from unit. Then I took an old phone cord cut one end spiced the ends together and plugged it in an bingo the no flow message changed to flow and the cell is generating. Can I leave it rigged like or do I need to replace the flow swich?

As long as it works...

But if it is an outdoor install, you want to make sure the splice is weather proof.

If I understand you correctly, you bypassed the flow switch?

The flow switch is a safety device. It is there to prevent operation of the cell when there is inadequate flow. Although the likelihood is low, it is possible for gas to build up in the cell, ignite and go boom.

Oh, my mistake. I thought you meant that you had spliced in a new section of wire but you were still using the flow switch. As Linen suggests, definitely do not use an SWG without a flow switch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.