Water still a bit cloudy......

Feb 8, 2008
Milford, CT
Currently shocking from opening the pool last Tuesday.....the water is clearing up, but its still a bit cloudy. Only reason I'm asking is because the chemistry seems just about perfect. Maybe I just need to be more patient and wait for the water to clear up on its own?

Test results:

FC - 9.5
pH - 7.4
CC - 0
CYA - 20
Calcium - 100 (its a vinyl inground pool, so doesnt really matter)

Filter running 24/7....we've gotten plenty of rain but Ive kept up with keeping the FC at around 10. Like I said its slowly clearing up, maybe I just need to wait a little longer. Some dead stuff on the floor of the pool, Ive done one long vac to waste, which got most of it......waiting for better weather to do a second to clear the rest.

Thanks.

-Chris

It actually took my pool around two weeks after killing all of the algae to clear up. Patience is best. Brush and vacuum daily until you are confident that there is nothing left to vacuum, then brush until you quit stirring stuff up when you do. The filter just has to turn the water over until it is clear.

Thanks for the replies. Like I tell my wife "Im not a doctor, I dont have any patience" ;)

Ill wait it out.

Also anxious to do the borate thing.....Ive had family tell me their 30 yr old pools have never looked as nice as mine, I cant wait to make it even better with borates!

Does that make it a BBBB process?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.