Pentair and ColorCascade?

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
Not sure if anyone has tried this yet... but I see that Pentair now resells ColorCascade bubblers... and says they can be fully synced with intellibrite light colors. I bought 3 ColorCascades in the fall when my pool shell was put in. My noly complaint was that the color switch pulses did not match Pentair... and the Intellitouch woudl not match up. We have in a month we will be having it plastered and filled. I am trying to figure out if the colorcasecade Pentair is selling is a different model or just an Intellitouch software update that will allow me to get it to sync with Intellibrite 5g colors. Actually, I really don't care if it will sync or not... since it will be on a separate circuit... only that the color name on the Intellitouch remote unit and iPhone control match what the light will turn on to.

jtech1 said:
Not sure if anyone has tried this yet... but I see that Pentair now resells ColorCascade bubblers... and says they can be fully synced with intellibrite light colors. I bought 3 ColorCascades in the fall when my pool shell was put in. My noly complaint was that the color switch pulses did not match Pentair... and the Intellitouch woudl not match up. We have in a month we will be having it plastered and filled. I am trying to figure out if the colorcasecade Pentair is selling is a different model or just an Intellitouch software update that will allow me to get it to sync with Intellibrite 5g colors. Actually, I really don't care if it will sync or not... since it will be on a separate circuit... only that the color name on the Intellitouch remote unit and iPhone control match what the light will turn on to.

We have these and they've been nothing but trouble - our pool was completed a little over a month ago and the pool company has been out 6 separate times trying to get these lights to work.

I'm not sure what controller you have but these don't work with the suntouch so they upgraded us to an easytouch at no cost.

Here's the problem - they don't sync, you can GET them to sync but when you turn them off they default to the first program (one that changes colour). If you want them just to be blue, for example, be prepared to cycle through to get them there each time. With the iphone not likely to be an issue, with the original remote we had you had to go "off/on" a crazy amount of times and while the pool lights worked great, the bubblers never seem to work properly.

The bubblers are also very splashy unless your pool is large as the wave action throws them off (your signature doesn't give info about your pool so not sure if that is an issue.) Pentair's solution is an ugly piece of rubber tubing you insert into the hole in the bubbler which sticks out from the surface of the pool floor.

Finally, the lights don't look very good at all when the bubblers aren't working.

Tech girl, have you had any issues with algae behind the bubblers? Or light failures? I have had 2 of 3 fail with leaks and can't keep algae from forming behind them. Also, I had them in sync last year, but can't get them synced this year. Set intellibrite mode. Random off. Nothing works. My 5g lights and globrite are on same transformer and are always in sync. I think there are dome serious issues with the colorcascade lights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.