App for IPhone

Yes, the failure to save settings is a known issue. It's been years and there hasn't been any sign of them fixing it, so don't expect anything to change. It does save settings for a while, how long varies dramatically, but eventually (or often) it loses them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It will probably retain the settings so long as the app isn't explicitly shut down -- when you double-click the Home button quickly and you see your actively running apps. If you close the app in that list, then you'll likely lose the settings. As long as the app is just suspended (which is what apps do when you close them normally), then the settings will likely be retained. Powering off the phone obviously explicitly closes all apps.

That's correct chemgeek. If the phone is on and the app is running in the background it saves the settings. I tried sending an email to them but it doesn't work

Oh well. App still works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don' t know how this would work on an iPhone but with the iPad, you can use Safari to open the web page you want, like pool calculator page, tap on the share button and choose save to home page. It will put a button on your home page that will take you directly to that site. I have a pool calculator button and a TFP button on my home screen. Works great! You can also edit the verbiage for the button name. :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.