Blue Diamond Repair

skinsfan44

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2007
Toms River, NJ
Last summer I purchased a Blue Diamond robot. It exceeded my expectations when it came to cleaning the pool. I opened my pool last weekend and after a week of manual vacuuming/cleaning, it is in good shape. When I got home from work last night I decided to drop the Blue Diamond in and have it do it thing. Unfortunately, it is not working. The impeller on the top is working fine, but it does not move.

Before I give Water Tech a call, I was hoping someone could tell me what to expect as far as assistance goes. Can I assume that I will have to send it back to them for repair? Will they be able to diagnose it over the phone? If I do have to send it back, any idea how long it will be before I get it back?

Has anyone else had this problem with the BD? If so, is it something I can fix myself with new parts?

This was an expensive purchase that I had to convince the wife would be worth it. I got a cold stare when I told her the Robot wasn't working :(

Thanks for your time and this great resource.

I don't have a blue diamond, so I can't answer any specific questions about it, but I have owned, and repaired a basic aquabot for a while, so I have become familiar with how they work.

They are two motors inside, a drive motor to make it go, and a vacuum motor, which sucks in the dirt.

If you BD still has water coming out the top, then the vacuum motor and the power supply are working, something is wrong with the drive system.

Within the drive system, there is the motor, and then some gears and belts to make it go. There should be a spindle coming out of the side of your BD, which is connected to the motor box. This spins, to make it go. The spindle will most likely be connected to drive belt, which will eventually turn one of the "wheels".

There is a good page, with troubleshooting and repair information here
http://www.i-love-my-aquabot-automatic- ... eaner.html

But, since your BD is still under warranty, I think you would be better off just sending it in for repair.

Good luck
Randy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.