Home Foreclosure Crisis leading to pool crisis!

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
Key West, FL
Anyone see ABC news yesterday....? Interesting story about all the homes that have been in foreclosure and the problem of abandoned pools, and the related swampy mosquito problems....how California is combatting the issue by giving out free mosquito fish.

I really feel for those people. The ones that lost their homes, and the homeowner that inherits the nasty surprise out back.... :shock:

I think they are small fish that love nothing better than to eat mosquitoe larvae off the surface of the water... I assume chlorine would kill them but since these pools likely have no chlorine anyway, tossing them into a pool would likely prevent the pool from spawning any mosquitos... Probably be a pain to fish them all out though if you bought the house!

My friend is in escrow on a house with a pool that has already had the mosquito fish added. The fish are added to eat mosquito larvae to mainly help prevent any outbreak of West Nile virus. If he gets the house I'll be helping with his pool. I haven't seen the pool personally, so I don't know how much fish was added.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.