First pool ever.

hpdad

Apr 4, 2013
South California
Been promising my two boys since .....for ever. Finally pulled the trigger and ordered:

15x42 (I have 9 and 5 yrs boys) pool. It's on the way
Intex sand filter, on the way also
Intex SWG, already received it.

Planing to level the ground this weekend. The previous home owner had pool so the ground is ok but it's not really level much.

Been reading this site like crazy. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly.

Thanks for this web site.

Welcome to TFP!!!

As you have likely read, make sure you dig down the high parts to level the ground and not add fill to the low parts.

And ordering one of the recommended test kits now before you have the pool setup will have you ready to start with accurate information. :goodjob:

X2 on digging to level. If anything is filled in the weight of the water will compact it better then we can. Sand will shift and or wash out. Upgrading the filter & getting a GOOD test kit were my 2 best investments, they've paid for themselves. My pool only turned green because I allowed it to get away from me, and I didn't chase it. I knew what was coming but at the time I couldn't get to it.

Welcome aboard, read pool school & don't worry if it seems confusing or doesn't all make sense. Just keep reading posts here, and things will fall into place one issue at a time. Then if you go back and read it again, you'll have a better understanding of it.

Either the K-2006 or the TF-100 are good ... TF-100 is a better value, better warranty, better service, etc.

Either kit is for chlorine pools, a SWG pool is a chlorine pool. The only thing you might consider adding would be a salt level test (or you could trust the pool store for that) ... well and the Speedstir just makes the testing faster, easier, and more accurate.

Congrats on the new pool. I recently bought a home and inherited a pool myself. Still getting all the information I need as well as becoming glued to this site practically. Lots to read and lots of great info. This site is definitely becoming a saving grace.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.