freestanding hot tub inset in deck?

You basically have to build a second deck the size of the tub below the current deck and cut the current deck out and set the spa on the lower deck. Since you have an inground pool it's going to be a pain getting it built and getting it to drain properly so the hole doesn't fill up with water. You'll also lose access to the equipment as it'll be under ground. I say it's a bad idea. If you had an AGP with a deck it'd be a piece of cake.

Cut a hole. Insert tub. ;)

Seriously, I think more information is required. Like how high is the deck? Would the tub be sitting on the ground or would it need to be supported in the air?

At a minimum you would have to add posts to support the "beams" that would have portions of them removed for the hole. You just have to envision how the deck will remain standing with a big hole in the middle.

Looking at what Bama wrote makes we wonder what you mean by "deck" Is it an elevated wooden deck or as Bama seems to think is it really a slab on ground level?

Actually the deck and pool are on different levels in the yard so the pool is not an issue. The deck is over a concrete slab that the hot tub can sit on. The support of the beams for the deck is not an issue. My concern is access and do I take the sides off the tub to inset it completely or build the deck up to the sides of the tub and have it partially inset.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.