Where to Plumb the SWG? (Pics Attached)

Nov 25, 2011
I purchased a Circupool RJ45 and want to install it this weekend. I understand I need 6 7/8" of straight PVC to place it.

I also know that I need to plumb it after the heater.

My questions are:

1. If I plumb it right after the heater is it not good to have it plumbed before the booster (pool cleaner) pump and before the spa line?

BUT

2. If I plumb it where the inline chlorinator used to be (after the booster pump before the returns) and I connect it to the filter pump power, when I use the spa (and the jandy valves close off the SWG from the spa) will it harm the SWG for it to run (without water flow) when the spa is running?

Convoluted question..... you betcha!

I'm a newbie and need all the help I can get. :)

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    415.1 KB · Views: 118
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    439.7 KB · Views: 118
Plumbing it right after the heater and before the booster won't hurt anything as long as you install a check valve before the cell. Since the main pump will be running whenever the booster is running you'll just be sending a little chlorinated water through the booster. However if you do it that way, and you don't have an automation system, whenever you're in spa mode you'll be overchlorinating the spa. Depending on how long you run the spa, that may or may not be a problem.

Installing it where the tablet feeder is now would be the best thing. If you have an automation system that switches between pool and spa mode you can have it not turn on the swg when in spa mode. The swg has a flow switch and even if it's powered on it won't run if it doesn't see proper water flow, so installing it at the tablet feeder location shouldn't really be a problem. I would think about adding a relay to kill the power to it when in spa mode just as an extra safety precaution.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.