How long to run a suction side cleaner?

zack1

Jun 26, 2012
Hi All,
I just bought a poolvergnuegen suction side cleaner. I hooked it up to 1 of my skimmers (of 2 total). All seems to be working great so far. I was wondering how long people typically run suction side cleaners. Do you just leave it in the pool as long as nobody is swimming, or just drop it in for several hours on the weekend. Any advice is much appreciated. My pool does get a lots of leaves from surrounding oak trees.

33,000 gallon vinyl rectangle
heyward pump
2 skimmers/3 returns

Each pool and situation is different. Run it until the pool is clean. Adjust your run time and frequency on the visual condition of your pool floor.

I have to run mine daily for about three hours.

I have had the 2-wheeled Pool Cleaner for 2.5 years now and I haven't had to replace a single part on it yet. A pebble once got stuck in the gears, but I was able to remove it myself in under 10 minutes. My tires are getting worn down to the replacement level, but everything still runs fine and I'll let it go for now.

I leave the cleaner in the water year round and remove it only when we are swimming, the pool is left open year round.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.