Where do you store your stuff?

Feb 26, 2012
As I am starting to get into testing my own pool and adding chemicals myself, I was wondering where do you guys store additional /extra chemicals?

I know that I need to keep my test kit indoors, but do you guys keep your bags of salt, muratic acid, shock etc... in the garage? In a plastic bin/container outside?

Thoughts?

jblizzle said:
Just keep the acid and chlorine away from each other. In fact keep different types of chlorine away from each other as well.
I never got a solid answer on this. Define away? How far. As an example. I have pucks in a bucket on one side of my storage bin and acid jugs on the other side. My DE is in a plastic bin in the middle. Is this far enough "away"? Sometimes I even have a bleach bottle in there.

What's the real risk?

My acid is stored outside but under a porch roof. I keep it inside an opaque plastic box which is inside another plastic box. My liquid chlorine is inside a garden shed (basically like an unfinished garage). I also have some CYA and calcium in there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.