Gulfstream HE 125 RA Heater PIC UPDATED 4/13/2013

jhalpinjr

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2011
Warner Robins, GA
Hi all!,

Anyone have one of these untis that you can comment on your experience? I am seriously leaning this direction. I like their warranty and the Titanium lifetime warranty on the heater core. in addition the COP rating is fairly high.

Any members have this? :goodjob:

Re: Gulfstream HE 125 RA Heater

Ok Update: I ordered the Gulfstream HE 125 TA heat and cooling unit. It came down to Gulfstream and Aquacal- Both have Titanium heater Exchangers. Both are AHRI certified for BTU performance. After that it was the cost factor. I should have it in a couple weeks.

I will keep you all posted and informed! :party:

Re: Gulfstream HE 125 RA Heater

Update: Trucking company called- heater is to be delivered tomorrow. I ran the electrical this weekend and poured a new slab as my existing was too small. Hopefully this weekend is the install. Photos soon!

Re: Gulfstream HE 125 RA Heater PICS UPDATED 4/13/2013

Ok So I plumbed and wired this beast today- I still have to put the remote control wiring in from the Aqua Plus, but for now its running on its own sensors. I still have to trim some wire ties and other small odds and ends but over all it came out well. It all sits behind a brick wall that serves as my pool mechanical area. (Ya I got a bit crazy with the purple primer- Don't laugh - hehehehe. I'm going to paint the plumbing to match the stone)
I also upsized all the plumbing to 2".
Next step Aqua Plus integration.

Thanks to you all for the help! A bring thanks to Harleysilo and Mas985!!!! :cheers:

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 202
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 170
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 166
Mind me asking where you bought it? I am thinking of getting the HE90RA. All seem to have a smaller footprint that most others, and specs are just as good or better. 2 year full warranty is nice too.

Asch been a while since I've been on the forums. The heater works great no problems. Heats well. I am very satisfied.

Hi,

Hopefully you'll still get this and it will alert you email, but I'm looking to buy a Gulfstream HE 150 RA this week. Can you please give a update how your is working and if you've had any issue and if so if it cost you anything? Also would you buy again and how well it does with yhour pool.

Thanks!

I bought the 110ra and love it. Been running since May 1st, set at 87 degrees. My 2 speed pump runs from 11am to 7pm, on high from 11:30 to 1:30. Pool is at 87 by 1 every day and hp shuts off rest of day. My ee bills are lower this year than last (mainly because I also installed a more efficient heat pump for the house). No solar cover all summer. Second best thing I bought for the pool! (1st is 4wd Breeze). Although Stenner pump is also up there in "can't live without" area.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Turned it on Wednesday, pool was at 85 for the weekend. Runs great, so far no issues. Heats at 1/2 degrees per hour. Haven't noticed any effect on my electric bill. Do use a solar cover until about June.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.