Intellipro flow rates

Apr 2, 2013
I saw an old post with a link to a spreadsheet that enabled you to calculate gpm from rpm and watts for an intellipro vs pump. Could anyone tell me where I could find this type of spreadsheet? Or how to generate one mathematically. The link was no longer good. I just had a intellipro installed and that seemed like an easy way to estimate gpm.

I can read the filter psi on the return side but don't know what the head loss on the suction side is so I can't really use the charts that plot head loss, speed and rpm...

Thanks... First pool I have owned....

Hi Mark...

I hooked a vac guage to the intellipro pump and set the speed for 3110 (cause it was one of the flow rate curves in the manual). Filter is new. I had a reading of 1786w directly from the pump software. This correlates to about 70 gpm from your chart.

The pump psi was 20. Using the formulas found in the forum (2.31 for psi to head, and 1.13 from hg to head) I calculated about a 57 ft head pressure. At 3110 rpm on the chart in the manual, this correlates to around 90 gpm! I don't expect the numbers to lay on top of each other but that's quite a difference. Which is more likely correct? Any flaw you see in my measurements?

Just trying to understand how the system is performing!

Thanks

Ted

I have a 9000 gallon kidney shaped in ground pool 5'6" deep with everything (pump etc.) pretty much flat with respect to lay of the land. Also have two drains and a skimmer active all with 2 inch pipe.

There are two different pressures, the pressure reading from the filter pressure gauge and the pressure reading from the vacuum gauge. We need to know both of those numbers. I am assuming that 20 psi was measured at the pump with the vacuum gauge. What was the pressure at the filter?

Converting RPM & Watts to GPM is usually far less accurate than converting PSI/inHG to GPM. So I would trust the head measurements over the wattage measurements. However, you may need to adjust for the plumbing between the pump and filter. The Operation Point spreadsheet allows you to do that. My guess is that you have a backwash valve?

Thanks Mark.. I'll go Ahead and use the head measurements. I have a cartridge filter and no back wash valve. I assume I can use the proportional equation new gpm= old gpm*[new rpm/old rpm] to calculate gpm for speeds not plotted on the graph. I measured head at 1500 rpm as well as 3110 and read the gpms off the graph and then calculated one off the other and the math seems to work... I'm not trying to be super precise, but just want to make sure I am getting right proper flow both for filtration and optimal performance of the new solar system I just had installed. All the measurements I have taken so far were with the solar off...

Thanks again for your prompt response...

Ted

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.