Chemigen

Apr 1, 2013
I have a Chemigen chlorinator, that keeps switching the pool off after about 5 mins. error message 'Gas detected, no flow pump'
I have the manual but next to useless, anyone had the same problem, I just need to know what the remedy is to remove this error and get the pool running again.

Regards

Welcome to TFP!

That error message means that there is not enough water flowing through the SWG for things to work correctly. The SWG senses that problem and shuts down the system to prevent damage.

There are several possibilities. The pump might not be pumping. There could be some blockage (debris in the skimmer or pump strainer basket, etc) lowering the water flow. The filter might be very dirty. Some valve might be set incorrectly, either blocking or diverting water so it does not pass through the SWG. And so on.

I did have some leaks from the pump to filter in the pipes that I have now repaired. The pump basket (when on) is full to the brim and appears to be pumping well. The clear tube for the chlorinator again is full and moving through consitantly as are the outlets jets to the pool pushing water through well.
Everything pumps well until the error message appears, this can be after 5 mins or 30 mins, but usually 5mins.

check that the water sensor of the cell is covered with water, sometimes there may be air pockets

check that the sensor wire isn't broken anywhere. if a sensor is in a form of a pin with a metal flag, check that the flag hasn't fallen off

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.