What to do

Apr 1, 2013
I was removing old coping and mortar and it was going good until, I blew out a corner by the skimmer. How can I fix this, there appears to be epoxy be the waterline tiles. What do I need todo to fix it, thanks in advance

Attachments

• rsz_1imag0336.jpg
    rsz_1imag0336.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 264
You should not be too surprised at the lack of response. I have never seen a situation quite like yours and we prefer not to just "guess" at issues without some background experience. You may need to get a pool guy or tile guy out to look at your situation.

I will dive in with a recommendation but I come at this without any professional experience in this type of work, just a hard core DIYer. I see you are asking about replacing the skimmer in another post. I would worry about that first. After that is done, I would drill down along both edges of your broken coping, a few inches in and every few inches along the edges. I would cut rebar to fit in these hole and epoxy them in. Then I would wire rebar along the uprights. I would clean the exposed concrete, build a form that matches the original form of the pool, put down an adhesion agent, and fill the area it with some high quality cement that is used for patching to existing concrete. Not sure of what brand I would use but I have seen it at the box shops.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.