Pool Filler With Pictures

thall

Mar 17, 2013
Mississippi

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I built one of those for my IG pool last year and it has worked like a charm. I spent a fair amount of time looking for an adapter to go from the NPT thread to the toilet fill thread to find that it is basically a proprietary thread and no crossovers were to be found; that's where the putty comes in. The threads from the 3/4" FNPT are close enough to "hold" the two together in order to place the putty to hold it together.

The best part is that it will only cost ~$10 and 5 minutes to replace if/when it ever fails. Much better and cheaper than the $80 pool filler that only lasts about 2 seasons of use.

Hardest part of the project....setting the water level!!!

The pool filler has been working quite well. I have moved it to a few locations around my pool to find the best location. Such a simple project i should have done years ago. No more dragging a hose out to the pool and trying to time it so the pool would not overflow. Highly recommend as a small project. :!:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.