I was nosying around the GLB pool and spa site, and saw a product called Xchange. It is to be used to convert from biguanide to chlorine. According to the site, you can continue to use the pool during the conversion. The basic instructions are:
1. Dilute in a water-filled pail. Use 32 oz. 15,000 gallons of pool water.
2. Place one 3" chlorine tablet per 15,000 gallons into floater or inline feeder.
3. Once tablet dissolves, replace with additional tablet(s).
4. Test biguanide sanitizer level every other day. Once the level is below 5 ppm, shock treat with OXY-BRITE then wait 24 hours and shock treat with chlorine.
Sounds painless, but does it work? Has anyone tried this? I am planning on opening my pool this weekend and doing a conversion from biguanide to chlorine. If this will make it easier I am all for it.