How often to you acid wash your unit?

ultimate_ed

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 25, 2012
Manvel, TX
Alright, I've been doing pretty well following the recommendations at this fantastic site and my pool has been looking and running well since I put it in last summer.

However, one area I neglected was with the acid washing of my cell every three months. I didn't do my first wash (in part, because I hadn't ordered the kit for my Pentair IC-40) until after the pool has been operating for six months.

Yet, when I did so, I got essentially no bubbling and could only see one small bit of scale. Since I have to hit my pool with Muratic pretty regularly to keep the Ph and TA in line, I've not had any scaling issues on the pool itself.

So, I'm curious how often you guys end up washing your cells? If I'm not getting scaling issues on my pool, does it follow that I'm not getting scale build up in my cell either?

You should only acid wash the SWG if there is some obvious scale visible or it is malfunctioning in a way that is consistent with scaling. Acid washing shortens the lifetime of the unit just a little bit, so there is no point in doing it on a schedule. If your water is balanced correctly you might well never need to acid wash the SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.