Proper FAS-DPD test procedures ..

May 19, 2007
Quick question. I recently bought a Taylor 2006K kit and and trying out the chlorine tests for the first time. When they say add drops until the sample turns clear, do they mean in the short term or after sitting for a minute or two? I've found that my water will clear up initially while stirring but then will slowly turn back to a faded pink. I'm not sure if this secondary color change is accurate or not, and I'm concerned I'm artificially elevating my readings by counting it.

I have the Taylor K-1515, their seperate fas-dpd chlorine test kit. My instructions do not say anything about waiting after the sample turns clear to see if the pink color returns. I would assume the K-2006 has the same instructions. Based on that, I would say add the drops until it turns clear, then record that as free chlorine. That's the way I've always done it.

just my 2 ppm

lebaige said:
Quick question. I recently bought a Taylor 2006K kit and and trying out the chlorine tests for the first time. When they say add drops until the sample turns clear, do they mean in the short term or after sitting for a minute or two? I've found that my water will clear up initially while stirring but then will slowly turn back to a faded pink. I'm not sure if this secondary color change is accurate or not, and I'm concerned I'm artificially elevating my readings by counting it.
You want to titrate (add drops) until the sample turns clear and stays clear after swirling but don't let it stand because it can turn pink again after a minute.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.