TF-100 Test Kit = The way to go

BIC

Jul 7, 2007
Hi there,

I got my first pool last summer, so I was (and still is) a pool newbie. I just want to say that one of the best advice I got so far, was last summer when waterbear and Jasonlion told me to buy a water Test Kit. I then bought the TFP Test Kit. Very simple to use, very usefull (a must). I was not sure at the beginning, but now I know it is a must.

So if you are new to the pool world and want to do it right, buy a test kit, you won't regret it.

I live in Canada, so I was very sad (almost crying here :wink:) that the TF test kit cannot be sold anymore to Canadian customers. No choice I gess :cry:.

I kept reading the Forum the whole winter and always find it interesting (always learning new stuff). Keep up the good work.

BIC

[Edited by SeanB to reflect correct name of kit, the TF-100. While we do recommend the tf-100, it is not sold or owned by TFP nor do we profit from kit sales.]

I'm always concerned that new members think we are pushing test kits to sell them, not because they need them. It's the best investment you can make, IMO.

I was skeptical too, but waterbear is quite convincing when he wants to :p He knows his business for sure :) If all pool stores staff were reading this Forum once in a while, they would know what they are talking about. I just cannot belive what I hear sometimes.

BIC

Thanks BIC and lulapalooza! Your checks for the endorsements are in the mail. :rockon: (just kidding!)
Seriously, a good testkit is the MOST usefull piece of pool equipment you can have. When you think about how much you spent on your pool the price of a good testkit seems very small indeed.

waterbear said:
Thanks BIC and lulapalooza! Your checks for the endorsements are in the mail. :rockon: (just kidding!)
Seriously, a good testkit is the MOST usefull piece of pool equipment you can have. When you think about how much you spent on your pool the price of a good testkit seems very small indeed.

I've tried to tell a few people that the whole point of Ben Powell's concept on pool maintenance is to understand your water and the chemistry. It's not the bleach or the other products. You can do the same thing buying all of your chemicals at a pool store. One of my old bosses used to keep a sign in his office that said something to the effect of:

Knowledgeable People + Bad Data = Bad Decisions
Uninformed People + Good Data = Bad Decisions
Knowledgeable People + Good Data= Good Decisions

The knowledge you get from boards like this one. The data you get from your test kit.

[fade]
BIC said:
I was skeptical too, but waterbear is quite convincing when he wants to :p He knows his business for sure :) If all pool stores staff were reading this Forum once in a while, they would know what they are talking about. I just cannot belive what I hear sometimes.
[/fade]

Waterbear, do you ever get reprimanded by your poolstore owner for conflict of interest or your poolstore owner are of the different breed :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am all :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: to TF-100.

[fade]
duraleigh said:
(Postage) For Malaysia, it's $38.00 US. Then, there may or may not be duties or "taxes" of some sort imposed on you from your country and I have no way of knowing what those might be. You may end up owing that much again on duties once it gets to Malaysia. That ends up making it not a very good deal. When you add on to that the postage for any refills you may want in a year or so, it really ends up not being a good value.
[/fade]

Dave, I have no regret on my investment in TF-100. My :handshake: for your concern above. The real value is what comes after the test results are posted on this forum. With my water getting better everyday, what else can I say :cheers: ?

vincent said:
[fade]
BIC said:
[/fade]

Waterbear, do you ever get reprimanded by your poolstore owner for conflict of interest or your poolstore owner are of the different breed :lol: :lol: :lol:

I
Nope, we sell a lot of stuff and have a strong repeat business. When the customer is happy because their pool is easy to take care of and not a money pit headache you'd be amazed at all the other things they decide to buy from us. It also give me a lot of credibility with my customers when I tell them to get an automatic cleaner or a SWG, They know I'm not just giving them a hard sell. The vase majority of our customers are using BBB. Our average customer uses liquid chlorine, has a borate product in their water (and I refer all my customers to this forum, btw, so they can see how to do it with borax and the usually end up buying Proteam Supreme Plus from us!) and my Manger is one of the first to tell them that alkalinity increaser is just baking soda. In fact, our 50 lb bags of it have the Arm and Hammer logo on them!!
If someone wants a choice of algaecides we carry three different brands of Polyquat 60! (We do carry other kinds also. I usually don't say this in the forum but there ARE times when the use of copper is justified, just like there are times the use of phosphate removers are justified. BUT, both these products are WAY over recommended and over used, IMHO.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.