Building A Deck Around a 30x16 Oval AG Pool

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
I am familiar with decks and deck construction. Thus far I have built 4, however they have all been square. In the next few weeks I am going to start building a deck around my pool. I am not sure yet how to frame around the oval ends. If I put posts even with the uprights on the walls and align the post with one of the rim joists, then the other will have a gap where it attaches to the post. Should I just put the posts and beams in a square and cantilever the joists to follow the line of the pool? Should I miter the ends of the beams to follow the line of the pool and set them on top of the posts? If you have pics of a deck build I'd like to see how you did it. I've watched a few videos but they were put up by people who were cutting corners on the deck build, so I'd rather not do what they were doing.

@crokett - I'd love to see some progress pics if you feel inclined. I'm starting on my deck within the next couple weeks and every little bit of information I can find helps

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.