My polaris...

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
IS DUMB! It keeps going around in circles and getting coiled up on itself. I have backwashed the filter for 2 mins. Straightend it out more than I care at this point. I don't have time to babysit it! :roll: What gives?

I am not familiar with the 65, but my 360 did the same thing one time and it turned out one of the drive wheels was not turning. I turned it backwards and forwards by hand (gently) and it started working again. I have since had mine apart to clean and it's not that complicated to put back together.

Watch it operate and see if it is usually turning to one side. If it nearly always turns the same way, then it either needs adjusted (my 280 has water jet shooting out the back that can be moved up/down/left/right to make small tweaks in its operation) or something is jammed or broken.

The 280 models have gear teeth inside the outer edge of the plastic drive wheels that are driven by a tiny metal gear to move the unit forward. Over time the plastic teeth wear and fail. When one wheel has this problem then it will turn slower (as the gear skips for a while) or not at all, but either induces the always-turns-one-direction problem and tangles the hose.

I've never seen a Model 65, so I'm not sure if it uses a similar drive mechanism. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.