Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My polaris...

1. Back To Top    #1

My polaris...

IS DUMB! It keeps going around in circles and getting coiled up on itself. I have backwashed the filter for 2 mins. Straightend it out more than I care at this point. I don't have time to babysit it! What gives?
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

2. Back To Top    #2
    I am not familiar with the 65, but my 360 did the same thing one time and it turned out one of the drive wheels was not turning. I turned it backwards and forwards by hand (gently) and it started working again. I have since had mine apart to clean and it's not that complicated to put back together.
    24000gal IG, VL, 1.5 HP, Pentair 60/60D Sand 325#, BBB, Liquidator, Dolphin M400

3. Back To Top    #3
    Yeah, but mine is brand new! this is my 2nd time using it. It's driving me nuts,

I may have to take it apart eventually by myself. Because surely I am not taking it to those jack legs at griffin
    *~ Laura ~*
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

4. Back To Top    #4

Watch it operate and see if it is usually turning to one side. If it nearly always turns the same way, then it either needs adjusted (my 280 has water jet shooting out the back that can be moved up/down/left/right to make small tweaks in its operation) or something is jammed or broken.

The 280 models have gear teeth inside the outer edge of the plastic drive wheels that are driven by a tiny metal gear to move the unit forward. Over time the plastic teeth wear and fail. When one wheel has this problem then it will turn slower (as the gear skips for a while) or not at all, but either induces the always-turns-one-direction problem and tangles the hose.

I've never seen a Model 65, so I'm not sure if it uses a similar drive mechanism.
    26,000 Gallon Gunnite IGP
    2 HP Challenger High Head Pump
    60sf Nautilus DE filter
    Polaris 280

5. Back To Top    #5
    Thanks for the advice. I just took it out a bit ago. I'll fidel again with it later on.

I was wondering if there are any other types of auto pool cleaners other than the p65 for AGP's?
    *~ Laura ~*
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

6. Back To Top    #6
    my 380 doesn't get caught in the cord.. but is usually gets held up on the stairs or ladder.
    2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal